Pages

August 23, 2013

Pick-Your-Own Peaches

DSC_4126


A lovely way to spend an sunny August afternoon ~ picking peaches! 

My husband and I went to Solly's Farm in Ivyland, PA for a "Pick Your Own" adventure. 
I was charmed by the hand-painted signs and farmyard surroundings. 
We were given a basket, a wagon, & a wave down the path toward the peach orchard. Fuzzy skin in mottled hues from yellow, to orange and red. 
As each peach was plucked from its stem, I recognized that familiar, heavenly aroma.

I'll be doing some baking, that's for sure! 
Check back to see what becomes of these beauties. 
I'll share the recipe...

How about Fresh Peach Cake? Delicious & so moist!
Come have a taste - here!


DSC_4101



DSC_4103



DSC_4105


(Gotta love it - spelling and all!)
DSC_4100



DSC_4108



DSC_4112



DSC_4124



DSC_4125



DSC_4113



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!