Pages

January 20, 2014

Sassy Succulents!

succulent1

I've been smitten with succulents for some time now.
I"ve see them on Pinterest and notice them everywhere!

I decided it was high time to head out to get some for myself.
They'd add an earthy, natural touch to my decor.
Plus, I hear they're very easy to take care of.


succulent2

Lots of choices at the store.
I wanted a mix of cacti and their friendlier brothers without spikes.

Here's what I ended up with.
(Also brought over a pot of Hen & Chicks that I already had.)


succulent3

Gathered up some pots from around the house that were being used for other purposes.
Although a few were purchased from stores, I had a couple that were handed down to me, 
some from handmade pottery shops, and a few were flea market or antique store finds.


succulent4

The mess begins on my newspaper-covered kitchen table.


succulent5

And messier still. Dirt on the floor, dirt on me.


succulent6

Finished and so happy with how they look!


succulent7

This green stoneware planter was my mom's.
It's mid-century vintage. Mom would've loved seeing me use it this way.


succulent8

I picked up this shallow hand-thrown pottery dish at a shop in the Poconos for $3.00! 
What a find! When I saw it, I had envisioned using it for this exact purpose.


succulent9




succulent10

Now to find a home for each one.
Here's what I came up with. Lovin' the results!


Ideal spot on the windowsill above my kitchen sink~

succulent11

The jade plant goes next to the kitchen hearth~

succulent12

Fits perfectly on this sunny windowsill~

succulent13

Grouped in a basket tray for the living room coffee table~

succulent14

What a fun project!


succulent15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!