Pages

March 17, 2014

This is Ireland by M. Sasek

IrelandSasek1

Miroslav Sasek, (1916 - 1980), better known as M. Sasek, was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia.
After vacationing in France, he got the idea to write and illustrate travel books for children.
This is Paris was his first one, with 17 more to follow.

I visited the library and picked up This is Ireland,
wanting to see what these books were all about.
I found simple, watercolor illustrations of maps and landmarks,
drawn with children in mind, but ready to delight us grown-ups as well!

Enjoy the retro charm as you look with me
inside the pages of This is Ireland!


IrelandSasek2




IrelandSasek3




IrelandSasek4




IrelandSasek5




IrelandSasek6




IrelandSasek7


Miroslav Sasek first caught my attention when I featured a cover of one of his books 
on my post San Francisco Illustrated. (You can see that HERE!)


Here are a few more book covers from the This is series by M.Sasek~

betterworldbooks


lilsugar


brainpickings


amazon


poppybrew



Visit the Miroslav Slasek website, This is M. Sasek.

IrelandSasek8

A Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!


1 comment:

  1. Intriguing books. I agree they would be equally appealing to adults as children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!