Pages

September 12, 2016

An Attraction to Vintage Paint-by-Number Wall Art



Did I ever do a paint-by-number? You bet I did. 
If only I had saved them from years ago.
Vintage paint-by-number art is very trendy.
Adding a piece brings a tongue in cheek, 
don't-be-so-serious punch to your home decor.
A nod to days gone by when we did art kits instead of video games. 
An appreciation for wanna-be artists. (Like me.)

Framed or unframed. Often in pairs. Usually in muted tones.
Common themes are nautical, Christian scenes, horses, 
Asian, still life, clowns, hunting dogs, and ballerinas.
Plus reproductions of the great classics.

I had a good time looking through loads of them on Etsy.
Here are several of my favorites, complete with links.




"The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci














VintageMomentsShop


"The Blue Boy" by Thomas Gainsborough






"The Gleaners" by Jean-Francois Millet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!