Pages

April 23, 2018

Collections: Vintage Buttons



Many of us have our mom's or grandmother's old buttons,
often stored in cookie tins or mason jars.
I have childhood memories playing with my Granny's stash,
 sifting them through my fingers
sorting by color or size, lining them up.
dazzled by the fancy ones!

Vintage buttons are very collectible, as you'll see
with the variety of groupings here.
Antique bits from the past made of glass, celluloid,
pearl, bakelite, metal, or wood; each is a tiny treasure.




 





















Other posts in my "Collections" series:
A Show of Hands



4 comments:

  1. I loved scrolling through your blog. My Grandfather was a tailor and my Great grandmother and Great Great grandmothers were seamstresses. I have some of all of their belongings form their work. Their creations out of necessity and they perfected their trade and carved out a living for themselves. I am happy to see the display you have here. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that was to look at.when I was little I liked to play with buttons and nice memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun blog to run into! Yes, button collecting IS a big thing! And the buttons also include those from the 1800's, even late 1700's when they were real works of art, and worn by men. There is a button society in most states, and a National Button Society, too. Smaller clubs in the states are a blast! Lots of yearly state shows, and a national show as well. The National Button Society's webpage has lots of information and can help you find a club and society near you. Great post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have some of my GREAT GRANDMA ARNOLD’S buttons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!